We’re getting a little bit of moisture in the area, but the winds are also picking up, so, you know what that means: Spring!
Treehugger has six steps to spring gardening:
- Fruit & Vegetable Garden is an excellence source of information to consult before getting started.
- Learn more about locally evolved, grown & distributed (LEG’D) plants; they’ll tolerate your soil types and weather, won’t bring in any new and nasty exotic insects and diseases and have a smaller carbon footprint.
- A business card garden is a cool example of growing green while scaling down to something smaller if you don’t have room for a garden.
- For a slightly larger container, these recycled planters are a good-looking, sturdy, and environmentally-friendly alternative.
- Add some green style to your garden with furniture and solar birdbaths and fountains.
- Check out last year’s tips for cultivating your green thumb with green practices. Happy gardening!